A Delhi court on Saturday imposed a fine of Rs 3 lakh on former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in connection with a defamation suit she filed against BJP leader Vijender Gupta.
Metropolitan Magistrate Neha fined Dikshit for “non appearance” before the court and directed that Rs 2 lakh from the fine be given to Delhi Legal Services Authority. The remaining Rs 1 lakh will be given to the accused in the defamation suit, the court said.
The order came even as Dikshit failed to submit evidence against the accused. The court had fixed Saturday for Dikshit to submit evidence against Gupta.
Diskhit’s counsel moved an application, claiming that Dikshit could not appear due to political commitments. The plea was opposed by Gupta’s counsel, who said Diskhit was trying to delay the matter.
The court granted Dikshit a “last opportunity” and directed that she appear before the court on December 20.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In the defamation suit, Dikshit had alleged that Gupta had used “uncivilised” language against her during a press conference ahead of the MCD polls last year. He had allegedly accused her of helping and conniving with power companies.