Seven people were killed in a storm that raged across Jharkhand early Saturday morning uprooting electricity poles and hundreds of trees.
Police said a man, his two daughters and a son were crushed to death when the tree under which they were sleeping fell on them at Kona village in Chatra district.
In the second incident, three members of a family were killed at Baghtand in Dhanbad district in lightning, Dhanbad police said.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
The storm hit around 4.30 AM and according to reports a large number of electricity poles and hundreds of trees were uprooted in the storm in Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Hazaribagh, Latehar and some other districts.
Damage to property is being assessed, official sources said.