At least 16 persons were killed in separate incidents of cloudburst in various parts of Uttarakhand’s Pauri district on Friday. Reports reaching the emergency operation centre at Pauri said heavy rainfall was witnessed across Pauri district.
On being contacted, DM Pauri C S Bhatt confirmed the report about cloudbursts claiming at least 16 lives in his district. “We have sent rescue teams to all the sites which faced disaster today. NDRF teams have also reached such sites,” he added.
As per the information available in the emergency operation centre at Pauri district headquarters, the heavy rainfall in the district has badly damaged road connectivity to rural parts. “We have requested the state government to provide a helicopter to ensure rescue of such people who are struck at few places due to flash floods,” the man who picked up phone told the IE.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to him, five persons were swept away after cloudburst hit a village in Yamkeshwar tehsil. He added cloudburst at a site in Lansdown tehsil has claimed five lives. In another incident of cloudburst, two persons lost their lives in Pauri Tehsil.
At Khinduri, Bairagav and Purola villages, more that 200 villagers are struck because of the cloudburst incident.