A special women’s court in Mumbai on Tuesday granted pre-arrest bail to senior IPS officer Sunil Paraskar, accused by a model of raping her, saying his custodial interrogation was not required in connection with the case.
“Custodial interrogation is not necessary. The anticipatory bail application is allowed,” said judge Vrushali Joshi.
Paraskar, Deputy Inspector General of Police, had filed the anticipatory bail application on July 25, a week after a first information report (FIR) was registered against him by suburban Malwani police under sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home, etc) and 354(D) (stalking) of the Indian Penal Code.
The complainant, a 25-year-old model, has alleged that Paraskar (57) molested and sexually assaulted her on two occasions in December, 2013.
According to her, she had met Paraskar first in 2012, when he was Additional Commissioner of Police, with regard to a case.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Paraskar’s lawyer argued that the allegations were false and pointed to the delay in registration of FIR.