A local court has issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against absconding IAS officer B B Mohanty, accused of raping a 23-year-old woman, police said.The warrant has been issued by an Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate court on a petition filed by the Mahesh Nagar Police station on February 26, they said.
“The missing accused has to be arrested by March 25”,ACP Parasmal Jain told..On February 4, the Vasundhara Raje government had suspended Mohanty over an allegation of sexual exploitation.
He was earlier summoned by the commissionerate police to appear before them for questioning but he went reportedly missing from home, and his wife sought a week’s time. But, that too expired early this month.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
An Additional Chief Secretary-rank officer Mohanty was chairman of Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal and he was charged of rape by the victim who was preparing for civil services on February 19, 2013 at his flat .
In her complaint on January 25, the victim alleged that the IAS officer, B B Mohanty, Chairman of Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal, had raped her repeatedly last year after promising to help her clear civil services examination. The flat at New Sanganer Road, where the alleged exploitation had taken place, was sealed by the police last month.