A local court has issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against absconding IAS officer B B Mohanty, accused of raping a 23-year-old woman, police said.The warrant has been issued by an Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate court on a petition filed by the Mahesh Nagar Police station on February 26, they said.
“The missing accused has to be arrested by March 25”,ACP Parasmal Jain told..On February 4, the Vasundhara Raje government had suspended Mohanty over an allegation of sexual exploitation.
He was earlier summoned by the commissionerate police to appear before them for questioning but he went reportedly missing from home, and his wife sought a week’s time. But, that too expired early this month.
An Additional Chief Secretary-rank officer Mohanty was chairman of Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal and he was charged of rape by the victim who was preparing for civil services on February 19, 2013 at his flat .
In her complaint on January 25, the victim alleged that the IAS officer, B B Mohanty, Chairman of Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal, had raped her repeatedly last year after promising to help her clear civil services examination. The flat at New Sanganer Road, where the alleged exploitation had taken place, was sealed by the police last month.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More