Public Broadcaster Prasar Bharati has suspended a senior Doordarshan official against whom a sexual harassment complaint had been made by a colleague.
Sources told PTI that Prasar Bharati on Thursday released an order suspending the officer and asked a senior lady offical,who is higher in rank than the accused official,to conduct further proceedings in the matter.
A team of National Commission of Women (NCW),led by its member Charu Wali Khanna,had met Prasar Bharati top brass on Thursday and enquired about the details of the matter.
Earlier,acting on the complaint against the senior officer by a junior colleague who had accused him of using abusive language and inappropriate behaviour,Doordarshan had set up an inquiry committee.
After the submission of the inquiry committee report,the official was served a chargesheet and asked to respond. The I&B Ministry had also taken a serious note of the matter.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In a letter to Prasar Bharati,the Ministry had said the “inquiry committee is of the view there exists a prima facie case of sexual harrasment” and sought that action should be taken as per the procedure laid in the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention,Prohibition and Redressal) Act,2013.
Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar said the decision was an adminstrative one which had been taken collectively.
He said initially it was decided to move the official away from Doordarshan and make him do certain other work. Later,on the basis of careful considerations,a final decision was collectively taken that in view of the proceedings,it would be appropriate to suspend the officer.
NCW member Khanna said that on the basis of media reports,the commission had taken suo motu cognisance of the alleged sexual harassment of a colleague by a senior Doordarshan officer,and will submit its report on Saturday.
“We had taken suo motu cognisance of media reports regarding the allegations against the officer,and also visited the Prasar Bharati office Thursday. We will submit our report by Monday,” Khanna said.
Earlier,NCW chairperson Mamata Sharma had written to Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar,requesting a probe into the matter.