In an effort to draw attention to the recent rape cases in UP, five women activists here staged a protest in front of the Kerala High Court with just sheets wrapped around them.
The activists, members of ‘Stree Kootaima’ (women’s group) were part of a 30-member group which had staged a protest in front of the High Court yesterday against the rape cases in UP including the gangrape of two cousin sisters in Badaun district.
Police said the five women were taken into custody and later released on bail for causing public nuisance and for their obscene act.
Cases under various sections of IPC including 143/147 (unlawful assembly, punishment for rioting), 283 (danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation), 294 (a) (obscene acts) and 118 (a) of Kerala Special Police Act were slapped against the five women.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest