In an effort to draw attention to the recent rape cases in UP, five women activists here staged a protest in front of the Kerala High Court with just sheets wrapped around them.
The activists, members of ‘Stree Kootaima’ (women’s group) were part of a 30-member group which had staged a protest in front of the High Court yesterday against the rape cases in UP including the gangrape of two cousin sisters in Badaun district.
Police said the five women were taken into custody and later released on bail for causing public nuisance and for their obscene act.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Cases under various sections of IPC including 143/147 (unlawful assembly, punishment for rioting), 283 (danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation), 294 (a) (obscene acts) and 118 (a) of Kerala Special Police Act were slapped against the five women.