Eleven kilograms of confiscated gold and 35 kilograms of silver have been stolen from the Sales Tax Office at Vyapar Bhawan near the Delhi Police headquarters at ITO. A peon, among those questioned after the theft was reported on May 10, allegedly hanged himself on May 17, leaving behind a note that claimed he was being framed.
Police said the gold and silver had been confiscated by the Department of Trade and Taxes in March from New Delhi railway station after an export company failed to explain the consignment.
In a complaint to police on May 10, an Assistant Commissioner of Department of Trade and Taxes said the confiscated gold and silver, kept in a sealed box, had been stolen from an office on the 13th floor of Vyapar Bhawan.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Police said two guards had been posted outside the office. The complaint mentions that a glass door had been broken to enter the room where the gold was kept. Police have questioned several persons.
On May 17, a 47-year-old, who worked as a peon at Vyapar Bhawan, allegedly committed suicide. Police said Pitambar Naitu was found hanging from a ceiling fan at his house in Ranhola, west Delhi. He left a note, alleging he was being framed.
Additional Commissioner of Police (West) Ranvir Singh said: “We got a suicide note. We are looking into the contents of the note.”