With Narendra Modi set to hold a roadshow in the national capital on Saturday after scripting a historic win in the Lok Sabha polls, a multi-layer security cover has been put in place in the city with hundreds of policemen and NSG commandos deployed.
Policemen will be manning the security arrangements en route the road show and security personnel will be stationed on high-rise buildings on the route to spot any suspicious activities.
Snipers have been deployed and anti-sabotage checks have been carried out on the route, which has been sanitised.
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
Police and NSG commandos sanitised the 11, Ashoka road BJP headquarters and a multi-layered security apparatus has been put in place around it.
“Elaborate police arrangements have been made everywhere on the route and at the place of the function where public is gathering especially at the BJP headquarters.
“We have blocked the traffic at both the sides of the road at the headquarters and the persons who are coming are being frisked and checked. We have also put in place elaborate patrolling and traffic arrangements. All the security agencies are working in coordination with the Delhi Police,” said Joint Commissioner M K Meena here.
Asked if there was any security threat to Modi, the JC said, “I can only tell you that we are ready for everything”.