Special arrangements are being made in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts besides deployment of several paramilitary forces to ensure thousand of voters in the riot-hit areas can cast their vote freely on April 10.
Security has been tightened especially in areas such as Phugana, Bhora Kala and Budhana which were worst affected during last year’s September riots, district magistrate Kaushal Raj Sharma said.
“27,198 people have been displaced from their native places, of which 3,259 riot victims have been enrolled as voters at places where they have rehabilitated.
“The remaining would be provided full security so that they can cast their vote at polling booths where they are registered as voters,” Sharma said
‘Vishvas’ cards have also been issued to thousands of people in the riot-hit areas. These contain mobile numbers of the district officials who can be contacted if the card-holder faces any trouble.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
627 polling centres of riot-affected 20 villages have been declared sensitive, he said.
Meanwhile in neighbouring Shamli district, SP (Shamli) A K Rai said several companies of paramilitary and police will be deployed at the 442 polling centres.
Security will also be raised in areas bordering Haryana.
Deputy election commissioner Vinod Zutshi and UP chief election officer Umesh Sinha called a meeting in Meerut of senior police and district officials of the two districts on April 4 to discuss poll security arrangements.