Seven militants were gunned in an encounter with the army in Kupwara district of north Kashmir on Monday, giving security forces the biggest success against the ultras this year.
An Army patrol was fired on by militants at Dardpora in Lolab area of Kupwara district at around 2.40 pm, which was retaliated, an army spokesman said.
He said seven unidentified militants were killed in the operation which was on till last reports came in.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The spokesman said a cache of arms, ammunition and war-like stores have been recovered.
“The number of troops have been enhanced as more militants might be trapped in the area,” he added.
This is the biggest success of security forces against militants this year.