Nearly a week after Bihar Cooperative Minister Jay Kumar Singh’s son Adarsh attempted suicide in Gwalior’s Scindia School, the police registered an FIR against five persons on Tuesday.
Two separate inquiries by the district administration and the police found that the 15-year-old was subjected to ragging and bullying by his seniors, and that the school authorities allegedly tried to hush up the matter despite being brought to their notice earlier.
While the victim is undergoing treatment in Indraprasth Apollo Hospital in Delhi, the school management on Tuesday expelled three students and two staffers claiming that it had a strict anti-ragging policy in place.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The inquiry by a sub-divisional magistrate held the school management, class teacher and house master besides the senior students.
School principal Shramik Ghose who held a press conference on Tuesday morning in Gwalior announced expulsion of three students but did not disclose their names because they are minors.
Meanwhile, the father of another student had written a letter to the school management months ago about the harassment faced by his son. The Bareli-based doctor in his complaint alleged that seniors used to show his son porn movies and use swear words. Some juniors were asked to wash undergarments of senior students, the complaint said.
SSP Santosh Singh said the police would look into the matter. He said prima facie it was established that the minister’s son was harassed and the school management ignored the complaints made to it.