Nearly a week after Bihar Cooperative Minister Jay Kumar Singh’s son Adarsh attempted suicide in Gwalior’s Scindia School, the police registered an FIR against five persons on Tuesday.
Two separate inquiries by the district administration and the police found that the 15-year-old was subjected to ragging and bullying by his seniors, and that the school authorities allegedly tried to hush up the matter despite being brought to their notice earlier.
While the victim is undergoing treatment in Indraprasth Apollo Hospital in Delhi, the school management on Tuesday expelled three students and two staffers claiming that it had a strict anti-ragging policy in place.
The inquiry by a sub-divisional magistrate held the school management, class teacher and house master besides the senior students.
School principal Shramik Ghose who held a press conference on Tuesday morning in Gwalior announced expulsion of three students but did not disclose their names because they are minors.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Meanwhile, the father of another student had written a letter to the school management months ago about the harassment faced by his son. The Bareli-based doctor in his complaint alleged that seniors used to show his son porn movies and use swear words. Some juniors were asked to wash undergarments of senior students, the complaint said.
SSP Santosh Singh said the police would look into the matter. He said prima facie it was established that the minister’s son was harassed and the school management ignored the complaints made to it.