The founder and chairperson of the Vibgyor high school which has been at the center of a storm following the rape of a six-year-old child was arrested by the Bangalore city police from Daman on Tuesday night for allegedly attempting to hush up the incident.
The police have booked Mumbai businessman and chairman of the school Rustom Kerawalla under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code, the Juvenile Justice (JJ) Act and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POSCO).
Bangalore police commissioner M N Reddi said Kerawalla had been booked for causing the disappearance of evidence and providing false information. Police said Kerawalla fled to Daman following the public outrage last week.
Kerawalla is the second person to be arrested in the case following the arrest of the main suspect Mohammed Mustafa on Sunday. Mustafa, a skating instructor, was arrested on circumstantial evidence after his laptop was found to contain child pornography downloaded from the Internet. “We will not allow anybody to go scot free in this case. The investigation is on and others will also be arrested if their role is established,” Police Commissioner M N Reddi said Wednesday. Reddi was brought in as commissioner on Monday by the Congress government in following a public outcry over slow progress in the investigations.
Police clarified that Kerawalla had been arrested in a separate case and not in the rape case. Commissioner Reddi said Kerawalla had been booked for destruction of evidence, delay in the reporting the crime against a child in his school and failure to protect the child.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016