The Supreme Court has agreed to hear on Friday a fresh PIL on recent attacks on people from the Northeast.
The PIL, filed by a bunch of lawyers, seeks pan-India guidelines to prevent attacks and discrimination based on racial profiling.
It has also demanded setting up of a special investigation team to look into the series of attacks on people from the Northeast.
On Tuesday, the Delhi High Court had asked the Home Ministry to consider changing the existing SC/ST Act or introducing a new law to allow provisions for deterrence against alleged “racial attacks” on people from Northeast states.
The National Capital has witnessed a rise in the attacks on people from Northeast including the death of Nido Taniam, a student from Arunachal Pradesh, rape of a Manipuri girl, assault on three Manipuri youths.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched