The Supreme Court Friday granted bail to suspended Gujarat IPS officer Rajkumar Pandian, who was jailed in connection with the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case and urged the special trial court to complete the trial expeditiously.
A bench noted that Pandian had been in judicial custody for around seven years now and the co-accused have already been granted bail. The court also took into account the fact that it would not be possible for the special court to conclude the trial within a reasonable period.
The court also ordered for time-bound transfer of case records from Gujarat to the special court in Mumbai. Laying down conditions of bail, the bench said Pandian will not directly or indirectly make any inducement, threat or promise to any person or witness related to the case and will also remain present before the trial court on all dates.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions