Sudipta Sen, the main accused in the Saradha chitfund scam, suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh and alleged associate Debjani Mukherjee were on Thursday sent by a city court to judicial remand till July seven following their CBI custody since June 16 in connection with a Supreme Court-ordered probe.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Haradhan Mukhopadhyay rejected the bail plea of all the three and sent them to judicial custody.
Three others who were taken in custody by CBI in the case, Manoj Nagel, Arvind Chouhan and Somnath Dutta, who were senior officials of the Saradha Group of companies, had been sent to judicial remand on June 23.
The Supreme Court had on May 9 ordered a CBI probe into the chit fund scam in West Bengal, Odisha and Assam in which various companies, including Saradha, allegedly duped investors of around Rs 10,000 crore, while taking note of allegations of scamsters being ‘patronised’ by people in ‘high positions’.
Sen and Mukherjee were arrested from a hotel in Kashmir’s tourist town Sonmarg on April 23, 2013 and were taken in custody by Bidhannagar Police of West Bengal.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The others were arrested later by the state police.