The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Wednesday registered a record 46 FIRs in a day in the Saradha financial scam, naming suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh as one of the accused.
Of the 46 FIRs, only four are fresh — three in West Bengal and one in Odisha — and 42 cases have been taken over from the Odisha Police, a CBI spokesperson said, adding that the larger conspiracy angle, including the role of regulatory authorities and money trail in this scam, will also come under the scanner during investigation.
“As directed by the Supreme Court, the role of the regulatory authorities like Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), RBI and Ministry of Corporate Affairs would also be probe into. CBI will also probe the money trail and the larger conspiracy angle,” said Kanchan Prasad, chief information officer, CBI.
The cases have been registered under various sections of Indian Penal Code pertaining to cheating and criminal conspiracy and come just over three weeks after the Supreme Court handed over the investigations into the scam to the CBI.
In West Bengal, the CBI has registered cases against chairman-cum-managing director of Saradha Group Sudipta Sen, the then director Saradha Realty Debjani Mukherjee, the CEO Saradha Media Kunal Ghosh, also a TMC MP, the then senior vice-president Saradha Media Somnath Dutta, the then Director of Saradha Realty Manoj Naghel and an employee of Saradha Group of Companies Aurobindo Chauhan.
Ghosh did not respond to messages and calls sent to seek his reaction.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“These FIRs cover the four front-runner companies of the said group. Other documents relating to the said Group are being scrutinized for further course of action. The documents of certain companies other than the said group of companies are in the process of collection as well as scrutiny,” CBI spokesperson Kanchan Prasad said here today.
According to CBI sources, all documents related to Saradha scam, including a letter written by Sudipta Sen to the agency, would also be scrutinized. In Bengal, where hundreds of cases have been registered by the state police, FIRs of similar nature will be clubbed, the sources said.
An SIT formed by the state government, which was probing more than 400 cases pertaining to cheating and non-payment of salary to Saradha Group employees, is still in the process of handing over all the documents pertaining to the cases to the CBI.
Meanwhile, the enforcement directorate, which is conducting parallel investigations, will soon start the process of attaching property and assets of the Saradha Group.
( With PTI inputs )