The CBI Wednesday registered 46 FIRs in a day in the Rs 10,000-crore Saradha financial scam, naming suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh as one of the accused.
Of the 46, only four are fresh FIRs — three in West Bengal and one in Orissa — and 42 cases have been taken over from the Orissa Police, a CBI spokesperson said, adding the larger conspiracy angle, including the role of regulatory authorities and money trail in this scam, will also come under the scanner during investigation.
“As directed by the Supreme Court, the role of the regulatory authorities like Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), RBI and Ministry of Corporate Affairs would also be probed. CBI will also probe the money trail and the larger conspiracy angle,” said Kanchan Prasad, chief information officer, CBI.
According to CBI, three cases have been registered under sections 406, 409, 420 and 120B of IPC against the Group companies. “These FIRs cover the four front companies of the group. Other documents relating to the companies are being scrutinised for further course of action. The documents of certain companies other than the Saradha group are in the process of collection as well as scrutiny. In Orissa, CBI has registered 43 cases against 43 companies and its office bearers who were charged for cheating, criminal breach of trust, conspiracy, etc. Scrutiny of more documents is being carried out for future course of action,” added Prasad.
In West Bengal, CBI has registered cases against CMD of Saradha Group Sudipta Sen, the then director Saradha Realty Debjani Mukherjee, the CEO Saradha Media Kunal Ghosh, also a TMC MP, the then senior vice-president Saradha Media Somnath Dutta, the then director of Saradha Realty Manoj Naghel and an employee of Saradha Group of Companies Aurobindo Chauhan.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Ghosh did not respond to messages and calls sent to seek his reaction.
According to CBI sources, all documents related to Saradha scam, including a letter written by Sudipta Sen to the agency, would also be scrutinised. In Bengal, where hundreds of cases have been registered by the state police, FIRs of similar nature will be clubbed, the sources said. An SIT formed by the state government, which was probing more than 400 cases pertaining to cheating and non-payment of salary to Saradha Group employees, is still in the process of handing over all the documents pertaining to the cases to CBI.
Meanwhile, the enforcement directorate, which is conducting parallel investigations, will soon start the process of attaching property and assets of the Saradha Group.
— With PTI