The CBI Wednesday registered 46 FIRs in a day in the Rs 10,000-crore Saradha financial scam, naming suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh as one of the accused.
Of the 46, only four are fresh FIRs — three in West Bengal and one in Orissa — and 42 cases have been taken over from the Orissa Police, a CBI spokesperson said, adding the larger conspiracy angle, including the role of regulatory authorities and money trail in this scam, will also come under the scanner during investigation.
“As directed by the Supreme Court, the role of the regulatory authorities like Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), RBI and Ministry of Corporate Affairs would also be probed. CBI will also probe the money trail and the larger conspiracy angle,” said Kanchan Prasad, chief information officer, CBI.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
According to CBI, three cases have been registered under sections 406, 409, 420 and 120B of IPC against the Group companies. “These FIRs cover the four front companies of the group. Other documents relating to the companies are being scrutinised for further course of action. The documents of certain companies other than the Saradha group are in the process of collection as well as scrutiny. In Orissa, CBI has registered 43 cases against 43 companies and its office bearers who were charged for cheating, criminal breach of trust, conspiracy, etc. Scrutiny of more documents is being carried out for future course of action,” added Prasad.
In West Bengal, CBI has registered cases against CMD of Saradha Group Sudipta Sen, the then director Saradha Realty Debjani Mukherjee, the CEO Saradha Media Kunal Ghosh, also a TMC MP, the then senior vice-president Saradha Media Somnath Dutta, the then director of Saradha Realty Manoj Naghel and an employee of Saradha Group of Companies Aurobindo Chauhan.
Ghosh did not respond to messages and calls sent to seek his reaction.
According to CBI sources, all documents related to Saradha scam, including a letter written by Sudipta Sen to the agency, would also be scrutinised. In Bengal, where hundreds of cases have been registered by the state police, FIRs of similar nature will be clubbed, the sources said. An SIT formed by the state government, which was probing more than 400 cases pertaining to cheating and non-payment of salary to Saradha Group employees, is still in the process of handing over all the documents pertaining to the cases to CBI.
Meanwhile, the enforcement directorate, which is conducting parallel investigations, will soon start the process of attaching property and assets of the Saradha Group.
— With PTI