The CBI on Thursday carried out searches at 28 locations across the country, including the residence of former Union minister Matang Sinh in Delhi, in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam.
The searches were carried out in Delhi, Bengal, Assam and Orissa in connection with CBI FIRs against the Saradha group, CBI sources said. Kanchan Prasad, CIO, CBI said in Kolkata, “The locations where the searches were carried out included the residences and offices of former minister Matang Sinh, (his estranged wife) Manoranjana Sinh, former IPS officer Rajat Majumdar, East Bengal Club official Debabrata Sarkar and Sudipta Sen (CMD of Saradha group).” The searches were going on at Delhi’s Gol Market residence and office of Sinh.
There are four FIRs against Saradha group in which it is alleged that thousands of investors were duped by the company officials and their associates who swindled their deposits. The Supreme Court had handed over the case to CBI.
Former IPS officer Rajat Majumdar, who retired as DG of Armed Police, West Bengal and became a consultant of Saradha group, said, “The CBI officers came to my residence and asked me whether I have any incriminating documents related to the scam. I told them I do not have any incriminating document. I also told them that I worked as a consultant with Saradha for 11 months. And I have handed over all necessary documents and audit reports to the investigators,” said Majumdar.
Majumdar is believed to be close to the state government — he continues to be a “Director” of the West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited. A top official of the power utility said he was inducted in the board as a “government nominee”. The West Bengal Power Development Corporation Ltd, another wing of the state power department, also has Majumdar as a “director”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More