Sanjaya Baru’s book was dismissed as “cheap fiction” and the former Media advisor to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was dubbed as “an out of job, disgruntled turncoat” by Congress today as the Opposition latched on to the book to target the ruling party.
Congress also accused Baru of serving the political agenda of BJP in the midst of the Lok Sabha elections.
“Baru is an out of job, disgruntled turncoat who is spreading canards to sell his book and gain cheap publicity…
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Indian National Congress decisively rejects this cheap fiction lock, stock and barrel,” party spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said.
Surjewala dubbed Baru as “a rank opportunist, whom he accused of running away from his responsibilities a few months before the 2009 general elections.
The Congress spokesman said by Baru’s own admission, he wanted the job of Prime Minister’s Media Adviser after UPA victory in 2009 – for which he was found “incompetent and rejected.”
“He is now minting cheap fiction bordering on absurdity to regain lost relevance.”
“Baru’s current proximity to a strategist of Shri Narendra Modi is well known. Timing of his allegations establish whose political agenda he is seeking to serve,” Surjewala said, adding that Congress decisively rejects this “cheap fiction lock, stock and barrel.”
BJP has used the book to target Congress, saying it has proven true its charge of dual power centre involving Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Singh in which she had the final word.
“I have been saying from day one that the PM presides and madam decides. This has been proved by this book now,” BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu has said, referring Baru’s book ‘The Accidental Prime Minister: The Making and Unmaking of Manmohan Singh’.
The book says Singh had been “defanged” by Congress in his second term with Gandhi deciding on key appointments to the Cabinet and to the PMO.
The PM, Baru says, seemed to “surrender” to her and to the UPA constituents as the former Media advisor provides an insight into the “cautious equation” between Singh and the Congress President and Singh’s “often troubled” relations with his ministers.