Sanjaya Baru’s book was dismissed as “cheap fiction” and the former Media advisor to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was dubbed as “an out of job, disgruntled turncoat” by Congress today as the Opposition latched on to the book to target the ruling party.
Congress also accused Baru of serving the political agenda of BJP in the midst of the Lok Sabha elections.
“Baru is an out of job, disgruntled turncoat who is spreading canards to sell his book and gain cheap publicity…
Indian National Congress decisively rejects this cheap fiction lock, stock and barrel,” party spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said.
Surjewala dubbed Baru as “a rank opportunist, whom he accused of running away from his responsibilities a few months before the 2009 general elections.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Congress spokesman said by Baru’s own admission, he wanted the job of Prime Minister’s Media Adviser after UPA victory in 2009 – for which he was found “incompetent and rejected.”
“He is now minting cheap fiction bordering on absurdity to regain lost relevance.”
“Baru’s current proximity to a strategist of Shri Narendra Modi is well known. Timing of his allegations establish whose political agenda he is seeking to serve,” Surjewala said, adding that Congress decisively rejects this “cheap fiction lock, stock and barrel.”
BJP has used the book to target Congress, saying it has proven true its charge of dual power centre involving Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Singh in which she had the final word.
“I have been saying from day one that the PM presides and madam decides. This has been proved by this book now,” BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu has said, referring Baru’s book ‘The Accidental Prime Minister: The Making and Unmaking of Manmohan Singh’.
The book says Singh had been “defanged” by Congress in his second term with Gandhi deciding on key appointments to the Cabinet and to the PMO.
The PM, Baru says, seemed to “surrender” to her and to the UPA constituents as the former Media advisor provides an insight into the “cautious equation” between Singh and the Congress President and Singh’s “often troubled” relations with his ministers.