The Maharashtra Prisons Department has submitted a report to the State Home Ministry recommending action against Yerawada jail superintendent and another senior jailer in connection with the “illegal” visit of Bollywood director Rajkumar Hirani to meet Sanjay Dutt.
Yerawada prison’s internal inquiry into the visit of Hirani to meet Dutt before the staging of a cultural programme that was later cancelled, had found that the jail department officials flouted the rules.
The report submitted by the vigilance department had found that jail superintendent Yogesh Desai and senior jailer Chandrakant Awale, who were also seen with Dutt and Hirani in a photo that appeared in media the next day, had flouted prison rules. The report was submitted to Additional Director General (Prisons) Meeran Borwankar, who has now written to the Home Ministry recommending action against the two, a senior jail department officer confirmed.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Cops get Manyata’s medical report
MUMBAI: To decide the plea for a second extension of parole of actor Sanjay Dutt who was convicted and sentenced to five years in jail in the 1993 serial blasts case, the Mumbai police received the medical report of his wife Manyata Dutt on Monday. ENS