Weeks after they forced Penguin to withdraw a book authored by Wendy Doniger, the same Delhi-based Shiksha Bachao Andolan Samiti (SBAS) Saturday threatened to take legal action against yet another book On Hinduism by the same author unless its publishers Aleph Book Company assures in writing withdrawal of the book. Aleph Book Company is an independent publishing firm promoted by Rupa Publications.
“The contents of the book On Hinduism written by Wendy Doniger are malicious and offending similar to her pervious work which the publishers have agreed to withdraw,” convenor of SBAS Dina Nath Batra said addressing a press conference. The Samiti said that their press conference was aimed to bring the issue to public light and announce a week’s time for the publishers to assure in writing that they will withdraw the book.
“We have been given an oral assurance by the publishers that the sales of the book will be stalled. The publishers have been given a week’s time to provide an assurance in writing, failing which, SBAS would move the judiciary,” Atul Kothari, co-convenor of SBAS, said. He said that they will wait for a written assurance for a week, failing which the Samiti may take its next “democratic step” to ensure the book is withdrawn.
Co Publisher of Aleph Publications, Ravi Singh, however, completely denied any such move. “We are not withdrawing the book and we are not terminating any contract”, Singh told The Sunday Express. Dina Nath Batra, who soon after Penguin India’s withdrawal of Doniger’s book made it clear that the author’s next On Hindusim is on his hit list, said that this book is even more damaging than the Penguin publication.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched