Weeks after they forced Penguin to withdraw a book authored by Wendy Doniger, the same Delhi-based Shiksha Bachao Andolan Samiti (SBAS) Saturday threatened to take legal action against yet another book On Hinduism by the same author unless its publishers Aleph Book Company assures in writing withdrawal of the book. Aleph Book Company is an independent publishing firm promoted by Rupa Publications.
“The contents of the book On Hinduism written by Wendy Doniger are malicious and offending similar to her pervious work which the publishers have agreed to withdraw,” convenor of SBAS Dina Nath Batra said addressing a press conference. The Samiti said that their press conference was aimed to bring the issue to public light and announce a week’s time for the publishers to assure in writing that they will withdraw the book.
“We have been given an oral assurance by the publishers that the sales of the book will be stalled. The publishers have been given a week’s time to provide an assurance in writing, failing which, SBAS would move the judiciary,” Atul Kothari, co-convenor of SBAS, said. He said that they will wait for a written assurance for a week, failing which the Samiti may take its next “democratic step” to ensure the book is withdrawn.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Co Publisher of Aleph Publications, Ravi Singh, however, completely denied any such move. “We are not withdrawing the book and we are not terminating any contract”, Singh told The Sunday Express. Dina Nath Batra, who soon after Penguin India’s withdrawal of Doniger’s book made it clear that the author’s next On Hindusim is on his hit list, said that this book is even more damaging than the Penguin publication.