Accusing the Akhilesh Yadav government of corruption, an MLC of the ruling Samajwadi Party has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking a CBI probe into the recruitments done by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) in various departments in the last two years.
Devendra Pratap Singh, who hails from Gorakhpur and whose MLC term will end in November 2016, has blamed his own party’s government in the state for corruption in all selection agencies such as UPPSC, UP Higher Education Selection Commission, UP Secondary Education Service Recruitment Board and Staff Selection Commission.
“Those appointed through these selection commissions are not qualified and not eligible for the posts. It has resulted in anomalies in the selection process. Of the sub-divisional magistrates, 54 belong to a particular caste,” Singh alleged in his letter.
- PM Modi not ready to accept reality of demonetisation, GST impact: Akhilesh Yadav
- Shivpal gave his blessings and congratulated me, says Akhilesh Yadav
- Akhilesh Yadav calls on father, invites him to Samajwadi Party meet
- Bullet train should run between Delhi and Kolkata: Akhilesh Yadav
- UP Legislative Council: 1 BSP, 2 SP members quit; say ‘dedicated my seat to Adityanath’
- Akhilesh Yadav most inefficient CM in UP history: SP MLC
He also claimed that “setting aside all moral values”, the Akhilesh Yadav government has appointed its own men at important posts in these recruitment agencies. “UPPSC is at the top of corruption. For the first time, its result have been declared mentioning only the roll numbers while all the answer sheets till 2012 have been burnt to erase the proof (of anomalies),” he alleged.
Claiming that people in UP have lost faith in these recruitment agencies, the MLC suggested that recruitment pattern be changed. He said the Union Public Service Commission should be given authority for intervention in the recruitment done by state agencies.
The SP leader also claimed that CM Akhilesh Yadav was not meeting him. “I have been trying for past two years, but have not able to be get appointment for a meeting,” he claimed.