Accusing the Akhilesh Yadav government of corruption, an MLC of the ruling Samajwadi Party has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking a CBI probe into the recruitments done by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) in various departments in the last two years.
Devendra Pratap Singh, who hails from Gorakhpur and whose MLC term will end in November 2016, has blamed his own party’s government in the state for corruption in all selection agencies such as UPPSC, UP Higher Education Selection Commission, UP Secondary Education Service Recruitment Board and Staff Selection Commission.
“Those appointed through these selection commissions are not qualified and not eligible for the posts. It has resulted in anomalies in the selection process. Of the sub-divisional magistrates, 54 belong to a particular caste,” Singh alleged in his letter.
- 2019 Lok Sabha elections: Akhilesh Yadav says alliance talks a waste of time
- Fodder scam: BJP did injustice to Lalu Yadav, says Akhilesh Yadav
- After Magenta line inauguration by PM Modi, Samajwadi Party accuses BJP of ‘usurping’ credit for its projects
- Samajwadi Party MLC who called Akhilesh Yadav weakest CM ever joins BJP
- Akhilesh Yadav most inefficient CM in UP history: SP MLC
- ‘UP Recruitment scam’: SP MLC visits PMO, demands CBI probe
He also claimed that “setting aside all moral values”, the Akhilesh Yadav government has appointed its own men at important posts in these recruitment agencies. “UPPSC is at the top of corruption. For the first time, its result have been declared mentioning only the roll numbers while all the answer sheets till 2012 have been burnt to erase the proof (of anomalies),” he alleged.
Claiming that people in UP have lost faith in these recruitment agencies, the MLC suggested that recruitment pattern be changed. He said the Union Public Service Commission should be given authority for intervention in the recruitment done by state agencies.
The SP leader also claimed that CM Akhilesh Yadav was not meeting him. “I have been trying for past two years, but have not able to be get appointment for a meeting,” he claimed.