Bollywood actor Salman Khan Tuesday had lunch and flew kites with Narendra Modi, but steered clear of publicly endorsing him as the future prime minister, saying “the best man should become PM”.
“God should decide who is the best man for the country and the best man should be the PM,” Khan, in town to promote his film Jai Ho, told reporters, with Modi standing stoically beside him, wearing dark glasses.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Constituency ke hisaab se woh vote di jaati hai… Jo best man hai aapke liye us constituency ke andar, aap uske liye vote deejiye. Aapke liye kaun hai best man yahaan par? (Votes are given on the basis of the constituency. Vote for the man who is the best for your constituency. Who is the best man for you here?),” he said amid screams of ‘Modi, Modi’.
“Aapke liye Modi hai, aapke liye Modisaab hai yahaan par best man. Hamaari jo constituency hai, Bandra, wahaan par woh hai Baba Siddiqui aur Priya Dutt. [For you Modi is the best man. In my constituency, Bandra, it is (Congress MLA from Bandra West) Baba Siddiqui and (Congress MP from Mumbai North Central) Priya Dutt.] So you have to give Modisaab the vote, I have to give my people the vote.
Despite persistent media queries about whether he backed Modi as PM, the actor maintained, “I belong to the film line. I can clearly answer questions on films. On politics, because of my limited knowledge, I will not be able to give clear answers. If I begin answering your questions, I will get trapped.”