A two-day-long ‘Dharma Sansad’ convened by the Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati of Dwarka Peeth on Tuesday passed a resolution that Sai Baba, the 19th century saint from Shirdi, should not be worshipped as a deity by the followers of ‘Sanatan Dharma’.
‘Kashi Vidvat Parishad’ has taken a decision that Sai Baba was neither a god nor a guru, therefore he cannot be worshipped, Rajesh Joshi, the media in-charge for the Dharma Sansad (religious conclave), which was held in Chhattisgarh’s Kabirdham district said.
After Shankaracharya Swaroopanand raked up a controversy by opposing the worship of Sai Baba, Divya Chaturmas Mahotsav Samiti organised the conclave at Kawardha, 150km from Raipur, to debate the issue.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
Representatives of 13 Akharas and other religious leaders discussed the issue.
Resolutions on other issues, including introduction of Hindu scriptures in school curriculum, making the country free of addiction, safety of women, construction of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, protection of cows, etc. were also passed, Joshi said.
Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust, which runs the Shirdi Sai temple, did not respond to the invitation by the Shankaracharya to attend the Dharma Sansad.
However, devotees of Sai Baba from Delhi and Ahmedabad participated in the conclave.
A minor row erupted when a sadhu on the dais interrupted Manushya Mitra, a Sai Baba follower, while speaking, said Superintendent of Police, RS Nayak. Both were pacified by others present on the dais.