The Centre on Monday said the situation in violence-hit Saharanpur is fully under control and it is keeping close eye on it.
“Saharanpur situation is fully under control. We are keeping a close vigil,” Home Minister Rajnath Singh said. Singh’s comments came a day after he briefed Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the situation in the Uttar Pradesh town.
The Home Ministry has already sent 600 paramilitary personnel to assist the state administration in maintaining law and order situation. Singh had on Saturday spoken to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and asked him to take all possible steps to control the violence.
Three persons were killed in the violence on Saturday that also left 33 injured. 38 people have been arrested. With the situation improving in Saharanpur, the district authorities today relaxed curfew for few hours in the new city area to allow people to buy their daily need items from markets which were directed to remain open.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked