With this, Tendulkar has become the first sportsperson of the country to be awarded the highest civilian honour of the country. Tendulkar is also the youngest person alive to have received the Bharat Ratna. He was accompanied by wife Anjali Tendulkar.
Apart from several UPA ministers, the event was attended by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who was accompanied by his wife Gursharan Kaur, and Congress president Sonia Gandhi. Vice President Hamid Ansari, Defence Minister A K Antony were among those who attended the event.
The event began with the arrival of President Pranab Mukherjee and the national anthem. Following this, the President conferred the honour on Tendukar and Rao.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched