Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar and eminent scientist Professor CNR Rao were conferred Bharat Ratna by President Pranab Mukherjee in the national capital on Tuesday.
With this, Tendulkar has become the first sportsperson of the country to be awarded the highest civilian honour of the country. Tendulkar is also the youngest person alive to have received the Bharat Ratna. He was accompanied by wife Anjali Tendulkar.
Apart from several UPA ministers, the event was attended by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who was accompanied by his wife Gursharan Kaur, and Congress president Sonia Gandhi. Vice President Hamid Ansari, Defence Minister A K Antony were among those who attended the event.
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
The event began with the arrival of President Pranab Mukherjee and the national anthem. Following this, the President conferred the honour on Tendukar and Rao.