President Pranab Mukherjee will confer cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and eminent scientist Prof C N R Rao with Bharat Ratna on February 4 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
A formal ceremony, which is likely to be attended by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, will be held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. The Little Master was given the honour hours after he played his 200th and last Test against the touring West Indies in November last year.
Tendulkar is the first sportsman and the youngest recipient of the the Bharat Ratna. Besides Tendulkar, Rao will also be presented with the award.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Tendulkar (40) and Rao (89), both of whom are recipients of Padma Vibhushan–the country’s second highest civilian honour, join the list of 41 eminent personalities to get the award given in recognition of exceptional service of the highest order.
Prof Rao is a well recognized international authority on solid state and materials chemistry. The 89-year-old has published over 1,400 research papers and 45 books. His contributions have been recognized by most major scientific academies around the world through conferment of memberships and fellowships, and has been honoured with several national and international awards.