“My absence in Delhi has been discussed rather too much. I don’t mean to disrespect any institution”, he said hours after members in Rajya Sabha raked up his prolonged absence from the House and demanded his participation in its business.
Speaking at a sports function in Vigyan Bhawan not far away from Parliament, he said when he was back from England he wanted to be in Delhi.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“There was a medical emergency in my family, certain things I want to keep it private. But just to let you know, my elder brother Ajit had to undergo a bypass surgery and I had to be by his side”, he said, seeking to address criticism about his absence from Delhi and Parliament.
In a veiled reference to the raging discussion about him in Parliament and outside by media, he said ” They are discussing everything about you in the media but I think you should be focussed on your job and nothing else”.
He was addressing the medal winners of the Commonwealth Games at a function organised by the Sports Ministry.
“I feel happy about my presence in Delhi”, the batting legend said.
“My father once told me that there will be a lot of arms that will try to pull you down but as long as you stay in the right direction you will see that at one point of time you have gone beyond them. They will join hands to praise you” he said in his address to the athletes.
“Not always everyone will like you. There will be obstructions but the energy should always be focussed on doing the right things and not get distracted”, the batting icon said.