A 70-year-old RTI activist was shot dead by three unidentified assailants outside his house here on Monday, prompting authorities to transfer the probe to Special Task Force and provide security to his family.
Mangat Tyagi, who had filed around 14,000 RTI applications and unearthed various cases of corruption in government departments, was shot dead by three car-borne assailants when he was standing outside his house in Bankhanda village on
“In view of threats to Tyagi’s family, district and police administrations have decided to provide round-the-clock security to them. From today, two police personnel will be deployed outside their house,” Hapur District Magistrate Rajesh Kumar Singh told PTI.
“We have recommended STF probe into Tyagi’s murder and it will begin soon. All accused will be arrested,” he added. Meanwhile, police sources said they have got some leads in the case.
“Police have got some important cues and the case would be solved soon. Police are also scanning the role of corrupt
officials, against whom Tyagi had filed RTI applicants,” a senior police officer sad.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016