Its design has been cleared, requisite approvals from municipal authorities have been in place for more than a year, and come October 3, Vijayadashami day, the RSS plans to mark its 89th anniversary by laying the foundation stone for a new 10-storey headquarters that will replace its current office in Jhandewalan in the capital.
The cluster of low buildings spread over 2.5 acres in Keshav Kunj (named after founder Keshav Baliram Hedgewar) that have housed the RSS head office for over five decades will be torn down.
The Indian Express has learnt that the process has begun for occupants to move to temporary accommodation for an estimated three years while the new office is built. A school on the premises has been vacated to house RSS office-bearers for the time being.
The new complex will have parking space for 400 cars. A senior RSS pracharak said: “Planning has been on for many years. Now almost all preparations are done. The design is approved, and once all occupants move, we will start construction.”
Sources said that for years, Sah-sarkaryavah Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi has been discussing the need for more office space on the premises. Nitin Gadkari, during his stint as BJP president, was said to have advised the Sangh to “reconstruct” the office. The RSS deputed one of its pracharaks, Ravindra, to look after construction-related work.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Sources said the new office would accommodate all RSS units currently housed in Keshav Kunj. These include publications Panchajanya and Organiser, along with Suruchi Prakashan, Sanskrit Bharati, Seva Bharati, Bharati Itihaas Sankalan Samiti, and the RSS’s international affairs wing.