Its design cleared, requisite approvals from municipal authorities have been in place for more than a year, and come October 3, Vijaya Dashami day, the RSS plans to mark its 89th anniversary by laying the foundation stone for a new 10-storey headquarters that will replace its current office in Jhandewalan in the capital.
The cluster of low buildings spread across 2.5 acres in Keshav Kunj (named after founder Keshav Baliram Hedgewar) that have housed the RSS head office for more than five decades will be torn down.
The Indian Express has learnt that the process has begun for occupants to move to temporary accommodation for an estimated three years while construction of the new office is on. A school on the premises has been vacated to house RSS office-bearers for the time being.
The new complex will have parking space for 400 cars. Says a senior RSS pracharak: “This planning has been on for the last many years. Now almost all preparations are done. The design is approved, and once shifting of the occupants is complete, we will start construction.”
Sources said that for years, Sah-sarkaryavah Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi has been discussing the need for more office space on the RSS premises. Nitin Gadkari, during his stint as BJP president, was said to have advised the Sangh to “reconstruct” the office. The RSS deputed one of its pracharaks, Ravindra, to look after special construction-related work.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sources said the new office would accommodate all RSS units currently housed in Keshav Kunj. These include publications Panchajanya and Organiser, along with Suruchi Prakashan, Sanskrit Bharati, Seva Bharati, and Bharati Itihaas Sankalan Samiti.