Lalu Prasad’s RJD is likely to strike an alliance with the JD(U) in the upcoming Bihar bypolls for 11 Assembly seats. Though no formal announcement has been made from either side, Lalu on Saturday said the party had been exploring the possibility.
The alliance for bypolls, if it is announced, will be the first test for Lalu and Nitish Kumar on whether they can put up resistance to a resurgent BJP that won 31 seats in alliance with LJP and RLSP in the Lok Sabha elections.
Lalu might make a formal announcement soon at a party training camp. The training camp is aimed at preparing party workers for new political realignment to corner the BJP. “We will sit together and explore all possibilities of alliance,” said Lalu on Saturday.
Earlier, former chief minister Nitish Kumar had dropped hints of an alliance with the RJD, saying his party would do anything to stop the BJP.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More