The Patna High Court on Friday granted anticipatory bail to RJD candidate from Madhepura Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav in a case related to hindering officials in discharge of duty while lodged in Beur jail here last year.
Justice Gopal Prasad provided anticipatory bail to Pappu Yadav in the case registered with Beur jail police
station on February 18, 2013.
He was booked for hindering officials from discharge of duty inside the jail during scuffle between two groups on some issue.
He was lodged in the jail at that time in connection with murder case of CPI-M Legislator Ajit Sarkar. He is out of jail after getting bail from the Supreme Court in the case.
Pappu Yadav has been fielded by Lalu Prasad’s RJD from Madhepura in the ensuing Lok Sabha election to take on JD(U) President Sharad Yadav.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016