A day after the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Lalu Prasad Yadav was admitted in Mumbai’s Asian Heart Institute for a ‘detailed health evaluation’, the hospital’s medical director confirmed that the politician will require a cardiac surgery in the near future, though details of the operation were not disclosed.
According to the hospital sources, his condition is stable and the health check-up was scheduled well in advance. Yadav was admitted under the care of hospital’s director Dr Ramakant Panda on late Sunday night.
His wife Rabri Devi, son-in-law and few other relatives have also come to Mumbai with him.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The 66-year-old politician was kept under observation for 24 hours to monitor his health. The hospital is awaiting few more medical reports after which a further call will be taken.
Yadav has held the union railway ministry portfolio from 2004 to 2009 under the UPA government. Recently, his party RJD formed an alliance with Nitish Kumar’s Janata Dal to contest for the upcoming state elections.