The Jitan Ram Manjhi government Friday passed floor test comfortably as RJD and Congress rallied behind JD(U) government extending outside support to it. As the BJP staged walkout, there was no need for voting.
Sources said though RJD chief Lalu Prasad is keen on joining the JD(U) government, former CM Nitish Kumar reportedly gave thumbs down to idea with the belief that there would be “vote for development in 2015 Assembly election on strength of JD(U) alone”.
Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi made it clear that he was “not a statue of wax or one who can be controlled by remote”.
Manjhi alleged the BJP had spent Rs 8,000 cr in poll campaign in Bihar alone. Assembly Opposition leader Nand Kishore Yadav said if the government could prove it, he would retire from public life.
Extending support to the Manjhi government, RJD Legislature Party leader A B Siddiqui said: “RJD is supporting JD(U) because of BJP playing a brand of divisive politics. We do not want to disturb a secular government.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The RJD has 21 MLAs. Congress Legislature Party leader Sadanand Singh said Nitish Kumar set a great example by resigning despite majority in the House and more so for making a Mahadalit Chief Minister.