Kerala High Court on Monday recorded the statement of notorious death row convict ‘Ripper’ Jayanandan, accused of murdering eight persons, as part of hearing on his appeal and the death sentence reference.
The accused was produced on the direction of a division bench comprising Justice V K Mohanan and Justice B Kemal Pasha, after the court found that he was not properly examined by the trial court.
The judges recorded the statement of the convict and he was sent back to the jail. Hearing on the death sentence reference will continue on Tuesday.
While hearing the appeal of the accused and death sentence reference, court found some defects in recording the statement of the accused and ordered his production.
The accused, who was brought under tight security, is an accused in over 20 cases, besides the eight murders. He had escaped from Thiruvananthapuram Central Prison last year and was later nabbed.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest