Kerala High Court on Monday recorded the statement of notorious death row convict ‘Ripper’ Jayanandan, accused of murdering eight persons, as part of hearing on his appeal and the death sentence reference.
The accused was produced on the direction of a division bench comprising Justice V K Mohanan and Justice B Kemal Pasha, after the court found that he was not properly examined by the trial court.
The judges recorded the statement of the convict and he was sent back to the jail. Hearing on the death sentence reference will continue on Tuesday.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
While hearing the appeal of the accused and death sentence reference, court found some defects in recording the statement of the accused and ordered his production.
The accused, who was brought under tight security, is an accused in over 20 cases, besides the eight murders. He had escaped from Thiruvananthapuram Central Prison last year and was later nabbed.