There was slight respite from the intense cold conditions in Kashmir and Ladakh division even as the mercury across the region stayed below the freezing point.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a minimum temperature of minus 2.5 degrees Celsius, slightly up from previous night’s minus 3.3 degrees Celsius, an official of the MeT Department here said.
Mercury in Qazigund – the gateway town to Kashmir Valley – dropped maringally to settle at minus 3.8 degrees Celsius, as against the previous night’s minus 3.2 degrees Celsius. Pahalgam resort, which serves as base camp during annual Amarnath yatra, recorded a low of minus 10.2 degrees Celsius, an increase of about two degrees from minus 12.4 degrees Celsius the previous night, the official said.
The night temperature in the famous ski-resort of Gulmarg went up by three degrees to record a low of minus 7.5 degrees Celsius as against the previous night’s minus 10.3 degrees Celsius. The mercury in Kokernag, in south Kashmir, rose slightly to settle at a low of minus 3.7 degrees Celsius last night compared to minus 4.6 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Kupwara town, in north Kashmir, remained unchanged at minus 3.8 degrees Celsius. The minimum in Leh town, in Ladakh region, also remained unchanged at 15.1 degrees C, while nearby Kargil town recorded a low of minus 19.6 degrees Celsius, up by more than two degrees, the official said.
The MeT Department has predicted mainly dry weather over the state for the next 24 hours saying there would be fall in the night temperature and rise in the day temperature over the next few days. The day temperature across the Valley has started appreciating due to bright sunshine for the past three days.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn