Arvind Kejriwal, who resigned as the Chief Minister on Friday, may continue to stay in the official accomodation alloted to him for the next three months.
As per law, he can stay in the house for 15 days. After that, he may also stay in that house for six more months by paying market rent as prescribed by the government. Sources said Kejriwal’s daughter is appearing for her exam and shifting immediately may hamper her studies.
Kejriwal, who shifted from a house in Kaushambi, Ghaziabad, to the Tilak Lane residence on Tilak Road less than a month ago, stays with his wife, two kids and parents.
The Directorate of Estates had allotted him a ground floor house C-II/23, at Tilak Lane, a type VI house with three bedrooms, drawing, dining, two servant quarters and a common garage near the Patiala House court spread across about 1,600 square feet area with a lawn and community park nearby.
The family was earlier staying at Kaushambi in Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh in the government accommodation allotted to his wife. His wife Sunita, who is a senior IRS officer, is expecting a promotion soon and entitled to a government accommodation of a similar category in which he is currently residing. She may also apply for the same house after her promotion, sources said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest