Arvind Kejriwal, who resigned as the Chief Minister on Friday, may continue to stay in the official accomodation alloted to him for the next three months.
As per law, he can stay in the house for 15 days. After that, he may also stay in that house for six more months by paying market rent as prescribed by the government. Sources said Kejriwal’s daughter is appearing for her exam and shifting immediately may hamper her studies.
Kejriwal, who shifted from a house in Kaushambi, Ghaziabad, to the Tilak Lane residence on Tilak Road less than a month ago, stays with his wife, two kids and parents.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The Directorate of Estates had allotted him a ground floor house C-II/23, at Tilak Lane, a type VI house with three bedrooms, drawing, dining, two servant quarters and a common garage near the Patiala House court spread across about 1,600 square feet area with a lawn and community park nearby.
The family was earlier staying at Kaushambi in Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh in the government accommodation allotted to his wife. His wife Sunita, who is a senior IRS officer, is expecting a promotion soon and entitled to a government accommodation of a similar category in which he is currently residing. She may also apply for the same house after her promotion, sources said.