The Election Commission of India(ECI) has directed removal of all references to ministers,politicians, political parties available on government websites till the Lok Sabha elections are over.
Disclosing this here today,Punjab Chief Electoral Officer(CEO) V K Singh said the ECI has considered the question of various references currently available on official websites of state as well as central ministries highlighting achievements of concerned departments, but eulogising the same as personal achievements of politicians/ministers.
He said a communique in this regard has been sent to the Chief Secretary for further circulation to all Administrative Secretaries, and directions regarding grant of parole in case of compassionate or emergency situation has been issued to the Deputy Commissioners.
He said the death of immediate family members, marriage of a convict or any immediate family member should be treated on compassionate grounds. Besides, the Deputy Commissioners would also verify the political implication of such cases.
Singh said the decision should be taken by the deputy commissioners keeping these guidelines in mind and other cases could be sent to the Home Department for clearance from ECI.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The CEO clarified that there was a total ban on preparing new blue cards and as well as on their distribution. But those beneficiaries having cards prior to March 5, when the Model Code of Conduct came into force, could get their ration.
He said the Food and Civil Supplies Department secretary had been asked to submit a detailed report on the number of beneficiaries who had received cards before March 5, and the remaining persons who were yet to get their cards.
He said the detailed report would be sent to the ECI for further directions in this regard.
Singh said till date 25,261 armed licenses have been deposited and the district police chiefs have been directed to expedite this process.