A gaffe by Congress Parliamentary Party’s Secretariat on the schedule of CPP meeting led party chief Sonia Gandhi to arrive in Parliament
alone on Friday morning.
Since there were no members present, Gandhi, who had a scheduled meeting with President Pranab Mukherjee at 10 AM left for the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Party sources said that there was earlier talk of holding the CPP meeting on Friday. However, it was later postponed, a message which could not reach the Congress President in time.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The faux pas left the party red faced as it is for the first time that such a communication gap led to an embarrassing situation.
A party MP speaking on condition of anonymity said that this led to Gandhi coming for the meeting while no other MP came.