A gaffe by Congress Parliamentary Party’s Secretariat on the schedule of CPP meeting led party chief Sonia Gandhi to arrive in Parliament
alone on Friday morning.
Since there were no members present, Gandhi, who had a scheduled meeting with President Pranab Mukherjee at 10 AM left for the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Party sources said that there was earlier talk of holding the CPP meeting on Friday. However, it was later postponed, a message which could not reach the Congress President in time.
The faux pas left the party red faced as it is for the first time that such a communication gap led to an embarrassing situation.
A party MP speaking on condition of anonymity said that this led to Gandhi coming for the meeting while no other MP came.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review