Mizoram Police have seized three kilograms of RDX, M4 and AK 47 rifles, magazines and ammunition in two separate operations in the run-up to Lok Sabha polls in the state. Mizoram goes to polls on April 9.
Police in Champhai district, which borders Myanmar, seized an M4 A1 carbine machine-gun, 12 rounds of ammunition and one magazine along with four AK 47 rifles, 1200 rounds of ammunition and four magazines from two men at the Khankhawn Police check-gate late on Thursday night.
Aizawl resident V Laithanga, 47, and Myanmarese national Zamang, 44, from Tahan town in the neighbouring country’s Sagaing Division, were arrested in connection with the illegal possession of these arms and ammunition.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In a separate seizure on the outskirts of Aizawl, a joint operation of Mizoram Police and Assam Rifles personnel seized three kilograms of RDX estimated to be worth Rs 15 lakhs from one Hminglianthang, 50, a resident of Mimbung village in northern Mizoram.
He was arrested with the explosives from the Rangvamual area of Aizawl, a known hub of liquor dens and drug peddlers on National Highway 54.