While the public resentment is growing over the increasing number of crime against women in Uttar Pradesh, it seems that it is not only the politicians and the bureaucrats, but even the Police who are racing ahead to put rediculous remark.
Talking to reporters on Thursday, UP DGP, A L Banerjee had come up with another controversial remark that crime such as rapes are routine.
“..manta hun ghatnaaye ho rahi hai…Har saal mein normal routine hai jisme ghatnaayein hoti rehti hai…isiliye police hai, isiliye administration hai, law and order hai” (I admit that the such incidences are happening. This is the routine every year… That is why police, administration, law and order exist)
His comment came a day after Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said that beven deploying policemen in every household will not help since a majority of rapes happen within the confines of home.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016