While the public resentment is growing over the increasing number of crime against women in Uttar Pradesh, it seems that it is not only the politicians and the bureaucrats, but even the Police who are racing ahead to put rediculous remark.
Talking to reporters on Thursday, UP DGP, A L Banerjee had come up with another controversial remark that crime such as rapes are routine.
“..manta hun ghatnaaye ho rahi hai…Har saal mein normal routine hai jisme ghatnaayein hoti rehti hai…isiliye police hai, isiliye administration hai, law and order hai” (I admit that the such incidences are happening. This is the routine every year… That is why police, administration, law and order exist)
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
His comment came a day after Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said that beven deploying policemen in every household will not help since a majority of rapes happen within the confines of home.