Bollywood actor Inder Kumar Saraf, arrested for allegedly raping a 23-year-old model on pretext of getting roles in movies, was on Saturday produced before a court which remanded him in police custody for four days.
The 40-year-old actor was produced before a Bandra Magisterial Court that remanded him in police custody till April 30.
Saraf was arrested on Friday after the victim, who is his girlfriend, alleged that the actor had sexually assaulted her since Wednesday night at his suburban Andheri apartment before she escaped from his flat on the intervening night of
Thursday and Friday after being held captive, police said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The victim also claimed she had been thrashed and hit with a beer bottle by Saraf. She had burn wounds on her body indicating that the actor burnt her with his cigarettes, Versova police said.
The actor has worked in Bollywood movies ‘Wanted’, ‘Maa Tujhhe Salaam’, ‘Baaghi’, ‘Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi’ and ‘Masoom’, among others.
During the interrogation, Saraf, however, claimed he had consensual sex with the woman, police said.
As per the complaint from the victim on Friday, the actor was booked under sections 376 (Punishment for Rape), 324 (causing grievous hurt), 342 (wrongful confinement) and 506 (2)(criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the police said.
The actor has a troubled relationship with his wife due to which the couple are living separately in the same building.
According to police, the actor and his wife had heated arguments over several issues earlier following which she had been to police station also complaining against Saraf.