Bollywood actor Inder Kumar Saraf, arrested for allegedly raping a 23-year-old model on pretext of getting roles in movies, was on Saturday produced before a court which remanded him in police custody for four days.
The 40-year-old actor was produced before a Bandra Magisterial Court that remanded him in police custody till April 30.
Saraf was arrested on Friday after the victim, who is his girlfriend, alleged that the actor had sexually assaulted her since Wednesday night at his suburban Andheri apartment before she escaped from his flat on the intervening night of
Thursday and Friday after being held captive, police said.
The victim also claimed she had been thrashed and hit with a beer bottle by Saraf. She had burn wounds on her body indicating that the actor burnt her with his cigarettes, Versova police said.
The actor has worked in Bollywood movies ‘Wanted’, ‘Maa Tujhhe Salaam’, ‘Baaghi’, ‘Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi’ and ‘Masoom’, among others.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
During the interrogation, Saraf, however, claimed he had consensual sex with the woman, police said.
As per the complaint from the victim on Friday, the actor was booked under sections 376 (Punishment for Rape), 324 (causing grievous hurt), 342 (wrongful confinement) and 506 (2)(criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the police said.
The actor has a troubled relationship with his wife due to which the couple are living separately in the same building.
According to police, the actor and his wife had heated arguments over several issues earlier following which she had been to police station also complaining against Saraf.