A 27-year-old youth allegedly murdered a girl with stones in presence of her younger sister in the forest area under Ramnagar police station of Nainital district late on Saturday evening. Later, the man slit the 22-year-old girl’s throat in order to ensure her death.
The police have arrested two people, including the prime accused who is charged with the murder of the girl. On being contacted on phone, Nainital SP Vinny Sachdeva said postmortem report confirmed the death due to head injuries. “The cause of death is due to head injuries in post-mortem report,” she said.
According to SP Sachdeva, the man identified as Hari Singh was earlier made an accused in a rape case lodged by the victim in January this year.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Later, the girl had got her statement recorded before a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC. In her statement, the girl had accepted that she was in relationship with the man. She did not want action against the accused person in the rape case,” Sachdeva said.
On the basis of her statement, SP Sachdeva said the police had submitted final report in the rape case in the February 2014.
As per preliminary police investigation, the girl was allegedly pressurizing the man to marry her and the latter was not ready. Police said Hari had called the girl in the forest area to talk to her on the girl’s demand for marriage with him.
Accompanied by her younger sister, the girl went to the forest area on Hari’s call on Saturday evening. Later, Hari allegedly attacked the girl with the help of stones. Then he allegedly slit her throat with the help of knife in order to ensure her death. The incident came to light after the victim’s younger sister returned to the village. The victim’s family members informed the Chowkidar about the incident and subsequently, the girl’s body was recovered from the site.
Sachdeva said the police have recovered the knife and stones which were used in the crime. Sachdeva added another arrested person is Kamal, Hari’s friend. According to her, Kamal had taken Hari to the site of crime by his motorcycle, she added.