A 27-year-old youth allegedly murdered a girl with stones in presence of her younger sister in the forest area under Ramnagar police station of Nainital district late on Saturday evening. Later, the man slit the 22-year-old girl’s throat in order to ensure her death.
The police have arrested two people, including the prime accused who is charged with the murder of the girl. On being contacted on phone, Nainital SP Vinny Sachdeva said postmortem report confirmed the death due to head injuries. “The cause of death is due to head injuries in post-mortem report,” she said.
According to SP Sachdeva, the man identified as Hari Singh was earlier made an accused in a rape case lodged by the victim in January this year.
“Later, the girl had got her statement recorded before a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC. In her statement, the girl had accepted that she was in relationship with the man. She did not want action against the accused person in the rape case,” Sachdeva said.
On the basis of her statement, SP Sachdeva said the police had submitted final report in the rape case in the February 2014.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
As per preliminary police investigation, the girl was allegedly pressurizing the man to marry her and the latter was not ready. Police said Hari had called the girl in the forest area to talk to her on the girl’s demand for marriage with him.
Accompanied by her younger sister, the girl went to the forest area on Hari’s call on Saturday evening. Later, Hari allegedly attacked the girl with the help of stones. Then he allegedly slit her throat with the help of knife in order to ensure her death. The incident came to light after the victim’s younger sister returned to the village. The victim’s family members informed the Chowkidar about the incident and subsequently, the girl’s body was recovered from the site.
Sachdeva said the police have recovered the knife and stones which were used in the crime. Sachdeva added another arrested person is Kamal, Hari’s friend. According to her, Kamal had taken Hari to the site of crime by his motorcycle, she added.