Playing the emotional card,Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday sought to remind people of the sacrifices made by her partys leaders who were killed in the Maoist attack in May,and accused Chief Minister Raman Singh of shedding crocodile tears but failing to check the Naxal violence.
Addressing a rally in Kondagaon district of Bastar region ,she said,You all know the security situation in the state… what kind of government is this? Innocents are being killed… This year itself,Congress leaders sacrificed their lives in Naxal attacks… We are feeling their loss in a big way today. The Chief Minister was forced to admit his governments failure. But,what is the use of shedding crocodile tears, said Sonia.
Charging the state government with bad governance and poor law and order situation,Sonia said the
BJP rule has brought poverty and backwardness in the state. Chhattisgarh is backward in all aspects. Poverty has increased due to bad governance. The Raman Singh government has betrayed the people, she said.
When the state was formed,people had high hopes. Irrespective of the claims made by the BJP government,the reality is different, she said. Accusing the BJP of indulging in divisive politics,she said the Congress wants to take everybody along.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Women here are insecure and people are migrating. Forest dwellers have not been given their rights, she said,adding that the Congress policies would help tribals and farmers.
(with PTI inputs)