Playing the emotional card,Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday sought to remind people of the sacrifices made by her partys leaders who were killed in the Maoist attack in May,and accused Chief Minister Raman Singh of shedding crocodile tears but failing to check the Naxal violence.
Addressing a rally in Kondagaon district of Bastar region ,she said,You all know the security situation in the state… what kind of government is this? Innocents are being killed… This year itself,Congress leaders sacrificed their lives in Naxal attacks… We are feeling their loss in a big way today. The Chief Minister was forced to admit his governments failure. But,what is the use of shedding crocodile tears, said Sonia.
Charging the state government with bad governance and poor law and order situation,Sonia said the
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
BJP rule has brought poverty and backwardness in the state. Chhattisgarh is backward in all aspects. Poverty has increased due to bad governance. The Raman Singh government has betrayed the people, she said.
When the state was formed,people had high hopes. Irrespective of the claims made by the BJP government,the reality is different, she said. Accusing the BJP of indulging in divisive politics,she said the Congress wants to take everybody along.
Women here are insecure and people are migrating. Forest dwellers have not been given their rights, she said,adding that the Congress policies would help tribals and farmers.
(with PTI inputs)