Senior politician and the chairman of Kashmir Committee Ram Jethmalani visited Hurriyat chairman Syed Ali Geelani’s Hyderpora residence on Saturday.
Though Hurriyat says that the meet was informal and aimed at discussing the legal cases represented by the senior lawyer, sources say that the two leaders discussed the Kashmir situation and politics as well.
“This was an informal meet,” a senior Hurriyat leader told The Indian Express. “He (Jethmalani) represents cases of many Hurriyat leaders in Delhi. He dropped at his (Geelani’s) home and mainly these cases were discussed”.
Sources in Hurriyat says though the meeting was informal, the two leaders discussed about the Kashmir situation and politics.
“Jethmalani ji asked Geelani sahib to make some change in his stand (on Kashmir),” a Hurriyat source said. “However, Geelani sahib replied that there can be no change on the principles”.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
They say that Jethmalani appreciated Geelani’s “principled and unwavering” stand on Kashmir. The two leaders also discussed the Modi government in New De;hi. “When they discussed Modi government, Geelani sahib expressed his reservations saying Modi has a communal past,” they said.
Jethmalani is in Srinagar to attend a one-day conference organised by the Jammu and Kashmir Peace Foundation. The Conference is being held at Sheri Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC) on Sunday.