Senior politician and the chairman of Kashmir Committee Ram Jethmalani visited Hurriyat chairman Syed Ali Geelani’s Hyderpora residence on Saturday.
Though Hurriyat says that the meet was informal and aimed at discussing the legal cases represented by the senior lawyer, sources say that the two leaders discussed the Kashmir situation and politics as well.
“This was an informal meet,” a senior Hurriyat leader told The Indian Express. “He (Jethmalani) represents cases of many Hurriyat leaders in Delhi. He dropped at his (Geelani’s) home and mainly these cases were discussed”.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Sources in Hurriyat says though the meeting was informal, the two leaders discussed about the Kashmir situation and politics.
“Jethmalani ji asked Geelani sahib to make some change in his stand (on Kashmir),” a Hurriyat source said. “However, Geelani sahib replied that there can be no change on the principles”.
They say that Jethmalani appreciated Geelani’s “principled and unwavering” stand on Kashmir. The two leaders also discussed the Modi government in New De;hi. “When they discussed Modi government, Geelani sahib expressed his reservations saying Modi has a communal past,” they said.
Jethmalani is in Srinagar to attend a one-day conference organised by the Jammu and Kashmir Peace Foundation. The Conference is being held at Sheri Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC) on Sunday.