Rajni Razdan has been selected as chairman of Union Public Service Commission, which conducts the prestigious civil services examination to select IAS, IFS and IPS among others.
Razdan, who is working as member in the Commission, will be administered the oath as UPSC chief on Saturday, the day incumbent Prof D P Agrawal’s tenure ends.
Her new charge comes at a time when the Commission is facing controversy over demand in change of the pattern of civil services examination by students.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
She had joined as UPSC member on April 19, 2010.
64-year-old Razdan, a former IAS officer of Haryana cadre, had retired as Secretary, Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances.
During her tenure as IAS officer, she had held several important assignments both in Haryana and at the Centre.
Her assignments at the Centre included Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Food and Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions.
In her home cadre, her assignments included Secretary, Cooperation and Public Health, Principal Secretary, Housing and Chairman, Haryana Housing Board. She has authored a number of publications.
The UPSC is headed by a chairman and 10 members.
Former DoPT Secretary Alka Sirohi, David R Syiemlieh (academician), Manbir Singh (Retd IFS officer), former CBI Director Amar Pratap Singh, Former Navy Vice Chief D K Dewan, Ex-Railway Board Chairman Vinay Mittal, P Kelimsungla and Prof Hem Chandra Gupta (educationists), and former IAS officer Chhatar Singh are the members of the Commission.