Rajni Razdan has been selected as chairman of Union Public Service Commission, which conducts the prestigious civil services examination to select IAS, IFS and IPS among others.
Razdan, who is working as member in the Commission, will be administered the oath as UPSC chief on Saturday, the day incumbent Prof D P Agrawal’s tenure ends.
Her new charge comes at a time when the Commission is facing controversy over demand in change of the pattern of civil services examination by students.
She had joined as UPSC member on April 19, 2010.
64-year-old Razdan, a former IAS officer of Haryana cadre, had retired as Secretary, Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
During her tenure as IAS officer, she had held several important assignments both in Haryana and at the Centre.
Her assignments at the Centre included Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Food and Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions.
In her home cadre, her assignments included Secretary, Cooperation and Public Health, Principal Secretary, Housing and Chairman, Haryana Housing Board. She has authored a number of publications.
The UPSC is headed by a chairman and 10 members.
Former DoPT Secretary Alka Sirohi, David R Syiemlieh (academician), Manbir Singh (Retd IFS officer), former CBI Director Amar Pratap Singh, Former Navy Vice Chief D K Dewan, Ex-Railway Board Chairman Vinay Mittal, P Kelimsungla and Prof Hem Chandra Gupta (educationists), and former IAS officer Chhatar Singh are the members of the Commission.