- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Rajnath’s assets almost double since 2009
The assets of BJP national president Rajnath Singh, who is contesting the Lok Sabha elections from Lucknow seat, has almost doubled since 2009 to over Rs 2.5 crore.
As per the affidavit submitted along with his nomination papers, Singh has declared movable and immovable assets valued at over Rs 2.51 crore.
The total value of his assets have almost doubled from that he declared while contesting Ghaziabad seat in 2009.
Singh has Rs 65,000 cash in hand, over Rs 56 lakh deposited in different bank accounts, Rs 4.8 lakh-worth ornaments, besides a revolver and double barrel gun both worth at Rs 10,000 each.
He does not own a car or have investments in shares, according to the affidavit.
The BJP leader has a bungalow worth Rs 1.4 crore in Vipul Khand besides land valued at Rs 50 lakh.
As required, Rajnath Singh also declared his wife Savitri Singh’s assets including Rs 35,000 cash, over Rs 11 lakh in deposits, Rs 10,000 in post office, Rs 2.35 lakh in the form of Kisan Vikas Patras and Rs 26 lakhs in jewellery totalling
Rs 40.68 lakh.