In an attempt to draw an outline for Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Article 370 and revamp the restructure plan in Jammu and Kashmir, the Union Home Ministry on Thursday explained its purview before Minister Rajnath Singh and his deputy MoS Kiren Rijiju. After the meeting, Singh is learnt to have asked his ministry to provide permanent solution to the problems of Kashmiri migrants and take them into confidence for their return to the Valley.
Singh was also informed about the threat from the neighbouring country and the implications of the new projects if undertaken. The discussion on Article 370 and focus on development of Jammu and Ladakh were among the various issues discussed.
It was argued that Jammu has a population of 70 lakh while Kashmir has a population of 53 lakh, but the UPA government’s approach has been to focus more on Kashmir than other regions. “For overall development, it was decided that there will be more focus on Jammu and Ladakh — a plan which is also being worked out with the Prime Minister’s Office,” said a senior official who was part of the meeting.
A statement released by the MHA read, “The Home Minister asked his officers to ensure that the measures taken up for checking infiltration are further strengthened and desired the ministry to take Kashmiri migrants into confidence and work on measures that should be taken up for their return to the Valley. Developmental Projects and the PM’s reconstruction plan taken up in Jammu & Kashmir were also discussed. Schemes such as ‘Udaan’ for the skill upgradation of youth for improving their employability were also discussed in detail.”
The UPA government has undertaken the construction of two-room tenements for Kashmiri migrants, funded by the Planning Commission. The NDA government plans to provide permanent settlements for which the government will have to acquire land. So far, there have been 5,242 tenements, out of which 4,600 have been allocated. The ministry has undertaken construction of 200 flats for migrants in Budgam.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More